The Island Consort is pleased/excited to be back singing and performing in this season of Christmas 2021. Thankfully most of our members have re-joined us but you will see a few new faces. This program has many familiar songs and carols – some with new melodies and arrangements – that we hope you will enjoy. Some are organ-accompanied which, I think, adds to the flavour of Christmas and for which we are again fortunate to have Jenny Vincent as accompanist.
We are thrilled to announce that we will be presenting a heart-warming Christmas concert Singing for Christmas on Saturday, December 11th at 2:30 p.m. The performance will take place in the spacious auditorium of St. Andrew’s United Church at 311 FitzWilliam Street in Nanaimo. We hope you can join us!
Needless to say, like so many other performing groups, due to COVID we have not been able to perform since December 2019! However, in September we were delighted to be able to begin live rehearsals again, following all guidelines for how to proceed during COVID times. As such we rehearse masked and spaced apart. It has been interesting getting used to singing in this way but it sure beats trying to sing virtually!
Please be assured that for our concert on December 11th, we will be taking every precaution to ensure that we keep both the audience and performers safe and as such we are asking our audience members to be aware of the following:
• All attendees will need to provide proof of vaccination and identification at the door;
• All attendees will be required to wear a mask for the performance;
• Tickets will be $20 per adult and $5 for students. Children under 13 are free. As we do not have the ability to pre-sell tickets or to offer an electronic payment system, we ask that attendees plan to bring the exact money required in order to avoid any undue handling of cash;
• Attached you will find a copy of the
• Attendees may plan to sit with their immediate household members or immediate circle but we will be asking all to sit physically distanced from other audience groups;
• Attendees will be expected to go directly to their seats and are not permitted to mingle with other audience members;
• The performance will be approximately 75 minutes in length with no intermission; attendees are asked to leave the building immediately following the performance.
Please note that all members of the choir have been fully vaccinated and will be wearing masks for the performance.
We thank you for your patience and understanding with the above guidelines and we hope you will plan to join us on Saturday, December 11th, 2:30 p.m. (St. Andrew’s United Church, FitzWilliam Street)